Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Da Word... 144!

YOOOO!

Good afternoon potnas!  How was your Easter?  I hope it was the bomb.  I had a fantastic meal in Long Island.  I'm talkin' biscuits, lasagna, leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, POUND CAKE (MMMM!!!), it was awesome.  And I got to spend it with a family so tight that they instinctually worked together to bring a crying child to instant laughter.  It was so fluid and effortless, it looked like it was planned.  The amazing thing is that it WASN'T!  They were so in tune with each other that it just happened.  It was amazing.  In other news, http://dawordonline.blogspot.com has launched!  Not quite where I want it yet, but BOOM!  You should be getting these direct from that now ;-D.  Peep it!  Aight, on to... da Word!

checkit:

If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
- 1 John 1:6

Ain't that da truth!  Say it again brutha!  We can't have both, that's ludicrous potnas!  I mean, think how silly it is to say, "Yo check this kid!  I can breathe IN and OUT...... ALL AT THE SAME TIME SON!!!!  check it check it!"  No no no NO!  Of course you can't, it's an impossibility.  Nor can you use your bicep and tricep at the same time to both curl and extend.... they are opposing muscles!  It's either one or the other potnas, that's it.  In this same way, yoooo, we can't claim to have fellowship with Pops above AND walk in the darkness!  We are either one, or the other.  Bottom line kid!  Why can't we do both?  Da previous verse gives us a glimpse, "God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."   BAM. 

So if we are doing both, what are we actually doing?  Simple... straight pullin' the biggest lie of them all that's what!  If we are doing both, we actually are ONLY walking in the darkness.  Now, this bad enough.  I mean, lying to our very selves, contradicting our own minds and souls and bodies?  Sounds like a kat whose GOT to be locked up in an asylum or sumtim, heh heh.  But why is this action exceptionally bad?  Well.... we end up causing OTHER people to stumble.  THAT... potnas, is not kool.  Misleading someone so that they end up heading up the path destruction... whoa... whoa.... that is straight evil kid.  I don't know about you, but I definitely don't want to be fooling myself, and I MOST DEFINITELY do not want to be the cause of someone else's utter  hardship, demise, or destruction.  I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, no doubt.

Let's not attempt to both walk in light and walk in darkness, cuz it can't be done.  Let's be real and keep it real.  Life will become a lot less complex, trust me ;-D  PeACE!

G-bless,

  - patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment